Moving Average EA
Get the Moving Average EA!
About the Moving Average
The Moving Average is the most used indicator and is by default included in Metatrader 4 and 5. A Simple Moving Average is calculated on the Average of the desired closed price of each candle. The Moving Average indicator has 4 different methods of calculation. Simple, Exponential, Smoothed and LinearWeighted. The default period setting is 14.
Trade logic of this forex robot
The Moving Average EA is a forex robot and uses one Moving Average to trade. If a candle crosses the Moving Average from below, the EA will enter a long position. Vice Versa for the short position. If you enter a Padding in Pips, the EA will only open a buy position if the price is X pips above the Moving Average Line.
MA Trend Filter
The Moving Average EA has the normal MA Trend Filter function included in all 3 versions and has 3 additional settings. Activate this filter to get better entry signals.
Advanced MA Trend Filter Settings:
- Price: Trades only if the current price is above/below the MA Trend Filter.
- Signal MA: Trades only if the Signal Moving Average is above/below the MA Trend Filter.
- Slope: Trades only if the slope of the MA Trend Filter is in a upwards/downwards direction.
Reverse On Opposite Signal
Since version 2.00, the PRO version has an Reverse On Opposite Signal function. If this function is active, the EA has a long position open and there is a short signal, the EA will close the long position and enter a short position.
Parameters for the Moving Average EA
Timeframe = The timeframe on which the EA should work regardless what timeframe your chart is set to.
Averaging period = Averaging period of the Moving Average (default is 80)
Shift = The indicator shift relative to the chart (default is 0)
Averaging method = The methods of the price series
Applied price = The price values , on which calculations will be performed
Additional MA Trend Filter
This EA has some additional parameters for the Moving Average Trend filter
If set to true, the EA will only open long trades if the close price is above the MA Trend Filter. Vice versa for short.
Use Signal MA
If set to true, the EA will only open long trades if Trade MA is above MA Trend Filter. Vice versa for short.
If set to true, the EA will only open long if the MA Trend Filter is sloping upwards. Vice versa for short.
|Trade on new Bar|
|MA Trend Filter|
|Additional MA Trend Filter Settings|
|Reverse on Opposite Signal|
The Moving Average EA is included in the EA Starter Bundle.
More about the Moving Average EA
- You can install the Moving Average EA on limitless demo and live accounts.
- Note that this Metatrader Expert Advisor does not draw any indicator on the chart.
- You do not understand all the functions? Take a look at our function glossary.
- This EA is not pre-optimized. Please read the article about optimization first.
- The license of every Expert Advisor you download is time limited, but you can re-download newer versions any time in your purchase history.
- MT4 Basic v2.02
- MT4 Advanced v2.02
- MT4 Pro v2.03
4 thoughts on “Moving Average EA 2.0”
i will need the Pro version of the moving Average EA.
How do i go about this please.
Select the pro version, click “Purchase” and follow the payment process.
Is is possible for a trailing stop function on this EA?
Yes, the advanced and pro version have a trailing stop function.