Parabolic SAR EA
Get the Parabolic SAR EA!
About the Parabolic SAR
The Parabolic SAR (parabolic stop and reverse) Indicator was devised by J. Welles Wilder, Jr., to find potential reversals in the market direction. He draws points to the chart, which show the support and resistance price levels. He is included in Metatrader 4 and 5. The default settings are: Step 0.02, Maximum 0.2.
Trade logic of the this forex robot
The Parabolic SAR EA is a forex robot which uses the P-SAR support and resistance levels to enter a trade. A buy signal is generated if the price breaks through the resistance level and a sell signal is generated if the price beaks through the support level. The advanced version has a second optional Parabolic SAR indicator as trend filter.
As default the EA trades only on a new opening of a candle. If you do not want to wait for a candle to be closed, you can switch the TradeOnNewBar function to false. The EA then enters a trade immediately if there is a break through.
In the sideway market movement you may want to open a Sell position where actually a Buy position should open and the other way around. You can do this by setting the InverseStrategy function to true.
The advanced EA includes additionally SpreadFilter which filter out large price differentials in a high volatile market situation. He also includes a TrailingStop and a BreakEven function to secure your current profits. A Parabolic SAR trend filter is also included to determine the current market direction.
Parameters for the Expert Advisor
Timeframe = The timeframe on which the EA should work regardless what timeframe your chart is set to. (Default is PERIOD_CURRENT )
Step = Stop increment (default 0.02)
Maximum value = Maximum stop value (0.2)
|Trade on new Bar|
|P-SAR Trend Filter|
|Trade max. once per Bar|
|P-SAR Trailing Stop|
|Reverse on Opposite Signal|
The Parabolic SAR EA is included in the EA Starter Bundle.
If the Parabolic SAR EA is not 100% what you are looking for, you can order a custom modification that fits your needs.
More about the Parabolic SAR EA
- You can install the Parabolic SAR EA on limitless demo and live accounts.
- Note that this Metatrader Expert Advisor does not draw any indicator on the chart.
- You do not understand all the functions? Take a look at our function glossary.
- The license of every Expert Advisor you download is time limited, but you can re-download newer versions any time in your purchase history.
- MT4 Basic v1.05
- MT4 Advanced v1.05
- MT4 Pro v1.04
Jan 13, 2016
- Minor updates and fixes in all MT4 versions
Nov 24, 2015
- fixed: P-SAR did show the filter if not used after a backtest (MT4 Advanced & MT4 Pro)
- added: A P-SAR Trailing Stop (MT4 Pro)
Oct 05, 2015
- Bugfix: Fixed “array out of range” after changing settings in all MT4 versions
Oct 01, 2015
- Added “Reverse on opposite Signal” to MT4 Pro version
Sep 24, 2015
- Initial release MT4 Pro
Apr 11, 2015
- Some improvements in all MT4 versions Added “Max once per Bar” function to all MT4 Advanced and Pro versions
Mar 25, 2015
- Fix bug on MT4 basic version. You can now customize the p-sar step and maximum value
Feb 01, 2015
- Initial release MT4 Basic and MT4 Advanced